The Active 20 is our latest 3rd generation, high-end outdoor dual button / touchscreen GPS device.
With a HighRes touchscreen for even more clarity when viewing maps of all scales WI-FI to allow for wireless snap-to-track routing and software upgrades. All within our rugged IP68 Waterproof casing.
Active 20 Platinum Edition
Our Active 20 Platinum Edition is the must-have product for every intrepid outdoor enthusiast who wants every square inch of Great Britain Ordnance Survey mapping at their fingertips, and is the equivalent of carrying 400 Explorer 1:25k paper maps and over 200 Landranger 1:50k paper maps!
- Canary Islands
- Channel Islands
- Czech Republic
- Faroe Islands
- Great Britain
- Isle of Man
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South America
- Satmap Adventure
- Mountain Ranges
- Map Consolidation
- Walks and Trails
- National Parks
- Active 20 Accessories
- A10/A12 Bike and Vehicle Mounts
- Carry Cases
- Cases & Lanyards
- Power Traveller
- Goal Zero
- Goal Zero Power
- Quad Lock
- Redhill Cycle Club Kit
With the all-new Xpedition2 it is quick and easy to plan and view routes on a variety of international topographic mapping, share your favourite routes, tracks and much more.
Xpedition2 now has full functionality on Smartphones and Tablets, as well as PC & Mac
Snap-to-Road car routing comes as standard, along with Satmap Adventure mapping.
Please note that Xpedition2 LIVE is now fully launched, having been previously available in BETA format
A login is required to establish a free, standard User Account.
Please click below for - Xpedition2 Quick Start User Guide
With Xpedition2 Premium you'll have access to a raft of features and improvements to help you better plan for your next outdoor adventure. For just £40 a year you get,
- A Wider range of high quality worldwide mapping,
- Access to full GB Ordnance Survey 1:50k Landranger,
- Access to full GB Ordnance Survey 1:25k Explorer,
- Global "Snap-to-Track" routing for foot, bike and car
- Fully flexible spit-screen route planner.
- Printable route information and stats.
- Advanced route editing.
- Split-screen planning.
Please note that Xpedition2 is now fully launched in LIVE mode. Any free or Premium accounts will have fully carried across from the BETA version. Please use the link below to jump straight to Xpedition2 Premium subscription details on the Satmap shop.
Covering the Eastern Alpine Region this "cross-border" MapCard includes the Austrian, German and Italian Alps.
The Alps are one of the great mountain ranges of Europe, stretching from Austria and Slovenia in the east; through Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Germany; and to France in the west. The highest mountain is the Mont Blanc, at an impressive 4,810 metres high, on the Italian-French border. The Alps are popular both in summer and in winter as a destination for sightseeing and sports. Winter activities, such as Alpine and Nordic skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing, snowshoeing and ski tours can be practised in most regions from December to April. In summer, the Alps are popular with hikers, mountain bikers, paragliders and mountaineers, while many alpine lakes attract swimmers, sailors and surfers.
For the first time, customers can get a digital topographical map covering key areas of the Austrian, German and Italian Alps, for use with their Active GPS, enhancing their enjoyment and the safety of outdoor activities in the mountains. The total map area of the card is 93,000 square kilometres, including:
- Bayern Süd / Southern Bavaria 1:25k (BKG)
- Österreich Westen / Western Austria 1:50k (BEV)
- Südtirol / South Tyrol 1:50k (Kompass)
- Trentino Süd / South Trentino - varying scales between 1:54k to 1:7k (Open Cycle Map)
- Gardasee / Lake Garda 1:50k (Kompass)
Customers can use the new Toggle function to switch easily between the different maps where they overlap at the borders. As well as the usual European topographical map provider data, the map includes an area of OpenCycleMap data. OpenCycleMap is an international cycling map created from OpenStreetMap data and other sources. The map shows National Cycle Network routes, other regional and local routes as well as features such as bicycle parking, bike shops and other amenities. The map is also useful for walkers as it includes detailed contour and hill-shading, and paths and tracks accessible on foot or by bicycle.
This map card contains:
- Topographical Landesvermessungsamt (BKG) 1:25,000 of Bayern
- Topographical Landesvermessungsamt (BKG) 1:25,000 of Bayern Süd / Southern Bavaria
- Topographical Bundesamt für Eich- und Vermessungswesen (BEV) 1:50,000 of Österreich Westen / Western Austria
- Topographical Kompass 1:50,000 of Südtirol / South Tyrol
- OpenCycleMap varying scales between 1:54,000 to 1:7,000 of Trentino Süd / South Trentino
- Topographical Kompass 1:50,000 of Gardasee / Lake Garda
- Base Mapping :
- LVA 1:200,000 topographic base map of the whole of Germany
- BEV 1:200,000 topographic base map of the whole of Austria
- Collins Bartholomew Limited 1:1 million road map of Europe
Below are some relevant linked articles from our knowledge centre that you might find useful.
Map Scales Explained
When choosing a map card it’s important to choose the right scale for your needs. While all our maps look good on both the Active 10 and Active 12, they are used for different purposes.
OpenCycleMap (OCM) Information
OCM (OpenCycleMap) is a map developed for cyclists, using data provided by OSM (OpenStreetMap). These maps include key information for cyclists such as national, regional and local routes, as well as cyclepaths and footpaths. OCM is able to cover a lot of different areas due to using OSM data. OCM (and OSM data) is used by a huge number of third-parties due to its reliability and constant updates.