The Active 20 is our latest 3rd generation, high-end outdoor dual button / touchscreen GPS device.
With a HighRes touchscreen for even more clarity when viewing maps of all scales WI-FI to allow for wireless snap-to-track routing and software upgrades. All within our rugged IP68 Waterproof casing.
Active 20 Platinum Edition
Our Active 20 Platinum Edition is the must-have product for every intrepid outdoor enthusiast who wants every square inch of Great Britain Ordnance Survey mapping at their fingertips, and is the equivalent of carrying 400 Explorer 1:25k paper maps and over 200 Landranger 1:50k paper maps!
With the all-new Xpedition2 it is quick and easy to plan and view routes on a variety of international topographic mapping, share your favourite routes, tracks and much more.
Xpedition2 now has full functionality on Smartphones and Tablets, as well as PC & Mac
Snap-to-Road car routing comes as standard, along with Satmap Adventure mapping.
Please note that Xpedition2 LIVE is now fully launched, having been previously available in BETA format
A login is required to establish a free, standard User Account.
Please click below for - Xpedition2 Quick Start User Guide
With Xpedition2 Premium you'll have access to a raft of features and improvements to help you better plan for your next outdoor adventure. For just £40 a year you get,
- A Wider range of high quality worldwide mapping,
- Access to full GB Ordnance Survey 1:50k Landranger,
- Access to full GB Ordnance Survey 1:25k Explorer,
- Global "Snap-to-Track" routing for foot, bike and car
- Fully flexible spit-screen route planner.
- Printable route information and stats.
- Advanced route editing.
- Split-screen planning.
Please note that Xpedition2 is now fully launched in LIVE mode. Any free or Premium accounts will have fully carried across from the BETA version. Please use the link below to jump straight to Xpedition2 Premium subscription details on the Satmap shop.
SatSYNC is a desktop application which allows your computer to recognize the Active GPS devices, when they're plugged into a USB port.
This enables the import and export of various information and other key features, such as:
- Upgrading to the latest Active GPS software.
- Transfer of supported files including routes and OOI’s (.GPX, .KML, .KMZ, .LOC, .ZIP, .TXT, .PNG, .XOL, .TCX, .JPG, .MAP) between the computer to the Active GPS (either Internal or SD Card storage).
- This allows you to transfer your favourite trails to view on Xpedition and other route planner applications (e.g. Google Earth), or downloading road directions from Google Maps to view and follow on your Satmap GPS device.
- File Converter - this application allows users to convert files to and from the Satmap file format (.MAP) enabling files to be transferred to and from your Satmap GPS device.
- Google Earth – Satmap GPS devices are compatible with Google Earth as they convert KML / KMZ files. It can be used to create AOIs, LOIs, POIs and routes, to share POIs between users, to generate road directions and to download Panoramio photos.
- Geocaching - the Active GPS devices support geocaching files - even allowing hints and tips to be displayed on screen in rich text and images too. .LOC Waypoint Files, GPX eXchange Files and Pocket Query Zip Files all can be transferred to your Satmap GPS device.
- Supports customised Points of Interest icons.
Additional Windows features:
- Geo-tagging - this application adds latitude and longitude information recorded by the Active GPS to digital photographs
- Easy links to third party applications - create, share, download and transfer routes, shapes and OOIs between the Active GPS and sites like Bergportal.ch, Geocaching.com, Geocaching Australia, opencaching.de , Gipfelbuch.ch, Google Earth, Google Maps, Waymarking.com and a number of other websites.
- Import direct from Google Maps - the Active GPS are compatible with Google Maps, a similar tool to Google Earth, which can also be used to share POIs, create AOIs, LOIs, POIs and routes with rich text and pictures, and is even better for generating road directions. **
* Please note that mapping data provided on the SD cards cannot be transferred via SatSync. On Mac this may require the use of the standalone File Converter program provided.
** You must be signed into a Google account to use this feature.
For information on past SatSYNC versions, please refer to the SatSYNC Version History