The Active 20 is our latest 3rd generation, high-end outdoor dual button / touchscreen GPS device.
With a HighRes touchscreen for even more clarity when viewing maps of all scales WI-FI to allow for wireless snap-to-track routing and software upgrades. All within our rugged IP68 Waterproof casing.
Active 20 Platinum Edition
Our Active 20 Platinum Edition is the must-have product for every intrepid outdoor enthusiast who wants every square inch of Great Britain Ordnance Survey mapping at their fingertips, and is the equivalent of carrying 400 Explorer 1:25k paper maps and over 200 Landranger 1:50k paper maps!
With the all-new Xpedition2 it is quick and easy to plan and view routes on a variety of international topographic mapping, share your favourite routes, tracks and much more.
Xpedition2 now has full functionality on Smartphones and Tablets, as well as PC & Mac
Snap-to-Road car routing comes as standard, along with Satmap Adventure mapping.
Please note that Xpedition2 LIVE is now fully launched, having been previously available in BETA format
A login is required to establish a free, standard User Account.
Please click below for - Xpedition2 Quick Start User Guide
With Xpedition2 Premium you'll have access to a raft of features and improvements to help you better plan for your next outdoor adventure. For just £40 a year you get,
- A Wider range of high quality worldwide mapping,
- Access to full GB Ordnance Survey 1:50k Landranger,
- Access to full GB Ordnance Survey 1:25k Explorer,
- Global "Snap-to-Track" routing for foot, bike and car
- Fully flexible spit-screen route planner.
- Printable route information and stats.
- Advanced route editing.
- Split-screen planning.
Please note that Xpedition2 is now fully launched in LIVE mode. Any free or Premium accounts will have fully carried across from the BETA version. Please use the link below to jump straight to Xpedition2 Premium subscription details on the Satmap shop.
Active 20 Version History (Platform)
"Platform Firmware" Version History For The Active 20
The "Platform Firmware" controls the base functions of the unit. Typically, it is updated less frequently than the (Application) software, and is larger in size so it takes a little longer to download. It is important to have a reasonably charged battery for any updates, and not interrupt the power during the update process.
20-Sep-2018 : Platform 43 :
Changes from platform 41
- Supports a wider range of screen brightness settings.
- Improved power management functions
- Reclaimed 5MB of unused memory space
11-Nov-2017 : Platform 41 :
Changes from platform 40
- Supports the replacement memory module inside the Wi-Fi chip. This simply triggers an instruction set load, and will have no effect on performance or function.
25-Sep-2017 : Platform 40 :
Changes from platform 38
- Speeded up the boot process.
12-Sep-2017 : Platform 38 :
Changes from platform 37
- Updated the SD Card driver to the latest version from the manufacturer.
15-Aug-2017 : Platform 37 :
Changes from platform 35
- Added extended touch screen support, enabling reliable pinch gesture processing.
23 Jun-2017 : Platform 35 :
Changes from platform 32
- Fixed bugs and improved reliability for the USB connectivity of the unit to a computer or a charger;
- Improved reliability of touch functionality.
15-Jun-2017 : Platform 32 :
This was the product launch version.
This was the initial release Platform "Firmware" that controls the base functions of the unit. Typically, it is updated less frequently than the (Application) software, and is larger in size so it takes a little longer to download. It is important to have a reasonably charged battery for any updates, and not interupt the power durning the update process.