Various map scales are included on each map card, giving users the ability to zoom into great detail or zoom out to gain a clear understanding of larger geographical areas:
- National Geographic USGS TOPO! 1:24,000 scale topographic map - the most detailed terrain maps available.
- National Geographic Trails Illustrated various scales 1:20,000 to 1:165,000 detailed topographic information, showing clearly marked and named trails, recreational points of interest, and navigational aids.
- National Geographic USGS 1:100,000 contiguous states of America (excludes Alaska & Hawaii): mid-scale mapping ideal for viewing large areas or planning long routes.
- National Geographic USGS 1:500,000 contiguous states of America (excludes Alaska & Hawaii): highlights public lands.
- National Geographic 1:1 million World Atlas: for viewing and panning across large areas on a world map.
- Collins Bartholomew 1:5 million to 1:30 million: for viewing and panning across large areas on a world map.